CCC collected stories from parents of young children in child care as well as preschool teachers and child care home providers. The interviews, conducted individually and in groups, share the joys and challenges parents and practitioners experienced. Most of the participants lived or worked in underserved communities.
Caregivers stories include
- supporting a parent to help her child speak
- the joy of hearing “I got it!” from a child
- the hardships of low pay
Parents’ stories included
- the satisfaction of seeing their children thrive
- the interest in seeing what their children learned at child care
- the difficulties of matching work schedules with hours of child care
The stories of these women (and a few men) are available both in video and as transcriptions.