The Working Women’s History Project (WWHP) preserves and promotes the stories of historical and living Chicago women who have made contributions toward achieving justice and equality in the areas of labor, women’s, human and civil rights.
WWHP accomplishes its mission by
working within a network of organizations and individuals
1. researching women’s stories and collecting oral histories
2. creating performance pieces and presenting them in schools, unions and public venues
3. developing curricula for performance pieces
4. encouraging women in labor unions to tell their own stories
5. holding conferences to bring the public together with women activists and academics
6. publishing women’s stories in print or on our website
WWHP’s vision is to have a society in which women’s contributions are known and valued and inspire young women to continue their work.