A celebration sponsored by the League of Women Voters of Chicago
Celebrate the 100th Anniversary of Women’s Suffrage in Illinois
On June 11, 1913, the Illinois legislature passed a bill giving women the right to vote for Presidential electors and some local offices.
The celebration will feature:
- Radical Ideas! Women and The Vote
- Written by Mary Bonnett
- Performed by Brigid Duffy as Catherine Waugh McCulloch; Alma Washington as Ida B. Wells-Barnett; Mary Bonnett as Grace Wilbur Trout; and Paul Odell Ensemble
- Alderman Leslie Hairston, 5th Ward
Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 6 to 8 PM
Exchequer Restaurant, 226 S. Wabash Ave.
The restaurant is on the west side of Wabash between Adams and Jackson.
How to get there:
- There are many bus routes on State Street (one block west) or Michigan Avenue (one block east)
- Brown, purple, pink, green and orange lines: Adams/Wabash station
- Blue line: Jackson/Dearborn station
- Red line: Monroe/State or Jackson/State station
- Van Buren Street Station – Metra Electric District. Walk one block west to Wabash, 1.5 blocks north
- LaSalle Street Station – Rock Island District. Walk 4 blocks east to Wabash, 1.5 blocks north
Adams/Wabash Self Park
Entrance on south side of Adams west of Wabash or west side of Wabash south of
Adams. Exchequer provides a discount coupon. Cost with discount is $10.
East Side of Wabash between Adams and Jackson: $14 after 4 PM
328 S Wabash, surface lot, $12 evening rate.
$25 includes pizza, salad and wine
RSVP with payment required by June 1
Pay online at LWVChicago.org or mail checks to LWVChicago, 332 S. Michigan Ave., Suite 525 Chicago, IL 60604.